If you are anything like me (a very busy Mummy) then you’ll probably love a list too!
A ‘to do’ list, a ‘don’t forget this’ list, and I’m pretty sure there will be a ‘chores’ list in there somewhere too! Because with a craziness of motherhood everything needs a list or it won’t get done.
So here is another list for you, to help you organise and prepare for your upcoming photo shoot. (If you are a new client booking a maternity or newborn session then you will also receive my welcome magazine with lots of other tips to prepare for photo shoot.)
•Snacks & a bottle of water - I do provide drinks but it’s always good to bring your own too
• Your outfit - If you are getting involved in the photos, which I encourage
• Anything you'd like included in your photos - A blanket grandma has knitted, a special teddy etc
• Slippers - The studio floor gets very cold in the winter and nothing beats being cosy!
• Postpartum mamas - Anything to make you comfortable. E.g your nursing cushion, ice packs, heat packs, nipple cream, any medication
NEWBORNS & BABIES
• Extra nappies & wet wipes - Again I do stock some of these but it’s always handy to bring your own
• A dummy if you are happy to use one - Even if they haven't had it before as they are very useful for soothing
• For bottle fed babies, more milk than you think you might need
• A plain white baby-grow with short or long sleeves - have them wearing one when you arrive at the studio (I will sometimes photograph baby in this so it saves stripping them off to use one of mine. However if you don't have any then I have plenty!)
• Something to make them laugh! E.g A squeaky toy
• Post-photo entertainment - iPad, book, toys etc.
• Non-messy treats for bribery purposes! - raisins, crisps etc
• A change of clothes for little ones who like to dribble!
So there it is.. another list to add to your list of lists :)
But it’s certainly worth pre planning and packing a photo shoot bag ahead of time so you know that you have everything. Then you can relax on the day knowing that the rest is taken care of, and have the best photoshoot experience
Author: Annie Allen
Professional Photographer specialising in maternity, newborn, baby, birthday and family photography
Aldershot Hampshire based (covering Guildford, Farnham, Camberley, Woking, Reading, Basingstoke and Bracknell areas)